Learn Spanish with these 10 Netflix Shows
Do you often watch movies and series on Netflix? We do! Do you study Spanish and want to improve your level? If both answers are affirmative, then you’re in luck!
Choose series and movies in original version (Spanish-speaking) and in addition to entertaining yourself, you will be learning and improving your level of Spanish. It is normal that at first you do not understand everything, but the visual context will help you. You will become familiar with the plot and the characters.
Tips to learn Spanish by watching a Netflix series
- Start watching series with subtitles in your own language
- When you feel comfortable change it and put the subtitles in Spanish
- Write down in a notebook words or expressions that you don’t know
- When you finish an episode make a summary in Spanish of what you have seen
- Review your notes before watching a new episode to remember how the last episode ended
- Remove the subtitles and write what you hear. Put the subtitles and compare!
Learn Spanish and/or improve your language level with these Spanish-Speaking series:
- La casa de papel (Spain): An organized gang of thieves aims to commit the heist of the century at the National Mint and Stamps. Five months of preparation will be reduced to eleven days to successfully carry out the great coup.
- Toy Boy (Spain): Hugo Beltrán is a young, handsome and carefree stripper who wakes up one morning in a sailboat, after a night of partying, next to the burned corpse of a man. He is the husband of Macarena Medina, her lover, a mature and influential woman.
- Siempre bruja (Colombia): In the 17th century, a witch is going to be burned at the stake. However, he escapes death by traveling through time and appears in the Cartagena of the XXI century. Although happy for having saved life, adapting to this new reality will not be easy.
- Elite (Spain): Las Encinas is the most exclusive school in Spain, the place where the children of the elite study and where three lower-class young people have just been admitted, from a ruined public school.
- La casa de las flores (Mexico): An apparently successful family florist is full of dysfunctional secrets that will be revealed and will shake the foundations of the family.
- La reina del flow (Colombia): Yeimy Montoya pays an unfair sentence in New York after being deceived by the man she loved. Therefore, he makes a pact with the judicial authorities to capture the man who murdered his family.
- Narcos (Colombia): Series that narrates the rise and fall of drug trafficker Pablo Escobar, trying to focus the narration in an even way from the point of view of Escobar himself and the DEA agents who fought to catch him.
- El vecino (Spain): José Ramón lives a common life, but everything changes when he discovers that his neighbor Javier, the charming journalist, is actually the famous superhero Titan. However, the powers do not make Javier a good person and he does not want responsibilities.
- Edha (Argentina): The life of a young and successful fashion designer and single mother who is at a crossroads. While trying to decide something that will take a new level in the fashion world, she meets an attractive immigrant-turned-model.
- Las chicas del cable (Spain): Just before the crash of 1929, the first national telephone company was opened in Madrid. Many women hope to get a job there that not only represented an occupation but progress and modernity at that time.
Choose the series you like the most and enjoy!