Spanish World School has been accredited by Instituto Cervantes, which means it meets the conditions set by the Instituto Cervantes Accreditation System for Centres, the only international accreditation exclusively focused on the teaching of Spanish as a foreign language.
The Only Cervantes Institute Accredited Spanish Centre in Singapore
The Cervantes Institute Quality Seal
There are only 4 accredited centers in all Asia including us. We invite you here to find out why this is important for your learning journey as a student and why it matters.
As a student why should I care in which center I study?
If you decide to learn Spanish in an officially accredited school you’ll be assured of the services of a team of qualified teachers who will guide you throughout your course of studies, and who will adapt to your needs and respond to your queries. All these schools carry out assessments of their syllabuses and programs. They have properly equipped classrooms, provide detailed information on their services, and value the opinions of their users.
Students studying at a Centre accredited by the Instituto Cervantes have chosen a Centre that:
- Complies with the legal requirements established to teach.
- Has a syllabus that guarantees an adequate learning process for students.
- Has a team of qualified teachers.
- Follows a methodology adapted to students’ needs.
- Carries out assessments of programs and courses.
- Promotes the sitting of the examinations leading to the Diplomas of Spanish as a Foreign Language (DELEs) by students at the Centre itself or at neighbouring Centres.
- Provides guidance to students in progressing in their learning of Spanish.
- Has equipped classrooms and adequate facilities for teaching purposes.
- Has agile procedures to obtain the opinion of users.
- Answers students’ complaints and demands.
- Offers a complete and detailed information on the courses and services it offers.
- Advertise its offer in a truthful manner.
How do I know if a School has been truly “Accredited” by the Cervantes Institute?
First it should have the official SEAL on its premises and website as provided by the Cervantes Institute. You can find the official list of accredited centers here:
What exactly are the criteria to earn the Cervantes Institute Quality Seal?
The Cervantes Institute accreditation process consists of a system of conditions, requirements and indicators that must be met by schools engaged in teaching Spanish as a foreign language (ELE). It entails passing an exhaustive assessment of academic programs, teaching standards, facilities and equipment, administrative organization and information and advertising.
It is thus a means of ensuring high standards of quality in Spanish language teaching, both in Spain and abroad, a uniform system of language learning at each level, and guaranteeing the complementary services and activities offered by each centre.